As a distributor, BioNordika Finland indirectly impacts the environment, and therefore, we need to set requirements that our suppliers must meet. BioNordika is responsible for obtaining and delivering the products we sell. Consequently, efficient logistics and warehouse management are essential, contributing to reducing environmental impact and ensuring sustainability.
It is certainly possible to run a lab more sustainably by reducing the consumption of plastic materials, recycling more efficiently, or even reusing some products. At BioNordika, we are committed to making better choices for our environment, and we encourage our customers to consider these seven green tips:
- Select a supplier with green values in practice
- Replace tap water-cooling with circulators
- Shut down instruments when not in use
- Avoid unnecessary heating and cooling
- Choose less harmful reagents when available
- Maintain your instruments regularly to keep them functioning longer
- Order in bulk when possible to avoid extra packaging and shipping
BioNordika supplies products from many different companies in Finland, and each company has their own sustainability program. BioNordika is part of the AddLife group. We have a three pilar program called “Position Green”, which gives good insight to this area. We are also working with our own topics, with our suppliers and inside Finland.
The three pilars are:
- sustainable solutions
- sustainable culture
- sustainable growth